Pain and pleasure.

Post anything and everything here - have fun, but play nice!
circuit29
Tender Prey

05 Jul 2005, 22:03 #1

To be honest I think that Pinhead is right, pain is pleasure in it's own way.

06 Jul 2005, 10:59 #2

I've personally never taken any pleasure from pain. There is a certain pride that comes out of suffering through prolonged intense pain and coming out of it alive and with your sanity intact. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But pleasure? no. Of course, that's just my opinion. To each their own.

koolbanana
Tender Prey

06 Jul 2005, 20:56 #3

"pain and pleasure". HHHMMM!!!!!!!!! Interesting, is this not what Pinhead means by "Demons to some, Angels to others"?Image
Pain can be pleasure to those of a strong mind. And pleasure could even be pain to those of a weak mind.
Do u find pleasure in the pain of others? Or do u find pain in others pleasures? Damn this is a nice topic, i could rant on and on and on and ..............
Do i Look Like Someone Who Cares What "GOD" Thinks?

circuit29
Tender Prey

07 Jul 2005, 04:24 #4

I take great pleasure in inflicting pain on myself and the thought that something as simple as a box could lead to the twisting of flesh and the bringing of order really appeals to me.

Welcome to hell.

circuit29
Tender Prey

07 Jul 2005, 04:26 #5

No you don't and neither do I.

circuit29
Tender Prey

07 Jul 2005, 04:31 #6

Koolbanana I think you and I would make great friends. Do you know anything about the box?, THE REAL BOX?

koolbanana
Tender Prey

07 Jul 2005, 06:30 #7

The Real Box as i see it is life, we all want something else out of life, something away from the norm. Hence tatoos, piercing, self mutilation. The Box, could be our minds, a puzzle, only some of us solve, what we unlock defines who and what we become, hence Demons to some, Angels to others. Look into the mind within, see it as a canvas, take up the paintbrushes of discovery and paint on it what u will. Do I know the Real Box? I open a little bit more of it every day.
Image Do i Look Like Someone Who Cares What "GOD" Thinks?

circuit29
Tender Prey

07 Jul 2005, 20:29 #8

No I meant the puzzle box made in the 17th century. The one in which over half of the prople who owned one mysteriously disappeared.

Scarecrow
Tender Prey

08 Jul 2005, 22:18 #9

Afraid there was no real box. Image
As for the pain/ pleasure thing. It isn't that pain to the Cenobites is pleasure, that's far too simplistic.
Rather than there being a line with pain and pleasure at different ends its rather a circle, you take either far enough and they meet, become one.
It's beyond what we can imagine, a concept hard for us to undnerstand truely. Pain and pleasure make a new experience, something beyond either. Something we can't name, only try to decribe.
That's what the Cenobites really offer. Will you partake of it?
- Scarecrow
"Liberate tutemet ex inferis"

www.cenobite.com - The Online Home of Hellraiser

09 Jul 2005, 08:31 #10

I once read a book that had various stories from cops about the many calls they answer ranging from humorous to horrible. One particularly disturbing story was from an officer who was at a scene where the body of a two year old boy was discovered under a bed. He had been severely beaten. There was no injury directly related to his death. Seems the little guy simply couldn't take anymore. The point being, the human body can only take so much. More to the point there is a big difference between voluntarily receiving pain and having it forced upon you. The S&M stuff, whether it be sexual or for the purposes of testing ones limits is controlled. You can stop it when you want. It's not true torture. It's not true pain. Real pain not only goes far beyond your breaking point it's also terrifying. There is no safe word. It'll stop when it wants. Or it may not stop until it kills you. Not trying to be offensive here but I invite anyone who thinks pain is pleasurable to visit the burn ward in any hospital and ask someone who's had 90% of their flesh singed off if they're having a good time. Hellraiser is fantasy. Sometimes the worst nightmare of all IS reality. Again, this is just my opinion. I mean no offense.